Living a sanctified life is profitable in all things.
KEYS TO A SANCTIFIED LIFE
1. Disconnect from SIN
- Sin isolates – Man from God, Man from Man, Man from Himself
- Sin is poison
- If you don’t rise up against it, it won’t go.
- Sin is determined to destroy your destiny.
- “No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.” 1 John 3:9
- Samson – a he-man with a she-weakness. He was appointed by God, but the anointing was taken away because of sin.
- A man may go great lengths but will not attain holiness
- Holiness is not knowledge, nor taking pleasure in hearing scriptures. Holiness is being separated from what is unclean and dedicated to what is clean and pure.
2. Keep the RIGHT COMPANY
- “Do not be deceived: Bad company ruins good morals.” 1 Corinthians 12:33
- The company you keep determines the type of life you live.
- The environment in which you place yourself will prevent you from rising any higher.
- You cannot hang out with negative people and expect to live a positive life.
- Surround yourself with people who will encourage you and lift you up.
3. Connect to JESUS
- Wholeheartedly connect or consecrate ourselves to Him.
- Consecration – voluntary dedication of oneself to God; an offering definitely made without reservation
Life is short. It can be taken away in a blink of an eye. Consecrate oneself for the coming of the Lord.
Connect to holiness by disconnecting to sin.
Connect to right people.
Connect to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus Is Lord Cubao – September 28, 2012
Rev. Renato V. Bernardo
Director for Education and Discipleship